New Website!

My new website is at


Come find me there.

Friday, 21 June 2013

The Unworried Sunset



What do I say?  What's the right thing to say?

What do I say in an interview, that will get me the job?  What do I say to someone that will make them like me?  What do I say to someone I'm interested in that will make them want me?  What do I say?

There must be something, right?  Some combination of words and ideas that will make things right, that will soothe a conflict, or win a woman, or win a man, that will be right.

What is the right thing to say?

We spend so much time on this.  So much time, analysing, predicting, playing things out with this response and that, like a game of chess.  There must be the right moves, that's all we need... right?

This is a world.  A world you can live inside and die inside, and it's a horrible world, because you always find that you never say the right thing, no matter how much you think, no matter how much you know, no matter how much you worry or hope.

This is one of the hells.   There are so very many, and they can fill your whole life, because you can live your life and never step back from this, and see the big picture that makes perfect sense of it all.

It's not what you say.  It's what you communicate by what you say.

If you're communicating that genuine colour of the life, of the real life that flows through and suffuses everything, that unique and distinctive life that fills everything you're even capable of thinking, then you can say whatever you want, and that will be what you communicate.

A sunset doesn't worry about it's appearance.

And it's always right.

Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment